Tuesday, November 29, 2005

The Gherkin!


This is the view of the Gherkin I get as I cycle into work. It is one of those strange buildings whose character changes accroding to the context it is viewed. Here, you see it in its most bold presentation, and can easily see why it has been nicknamed the Gherkin - more a surprise it wasn't called anything ruder. The actual name is the SwissRe building - boring, isn't it? Quite a lot of people were against is at the design stage, probably less are now they can see it. I've always been an enthusiastic supporter of bold modern architecture, and I can happily live with buildings like this cheek by jowl with the very oldest London has to offer.

By the way, I'm begining to work out how to publish pictures properly on the blog... it can only get better.

posted by Ham at 10:59 -- Comments here: 0

Comments on "The Gherkin!"

 

post a comment
Click for more recent posts Click for older posts

Name: Ham Location: London, United Kingdom View my complete profile