Wednesday, January 18, 2006

The Cutty Sark




The Cutty Sark was the last ever Tea Clipper made in 1869, moored in dry dock inGreenwich. She is quiet beautiful and surprisngly large. The Wikipedia article has the background, including the overall length of 212 feet. This may be of interest tomorrow .....

(A little off topic addition here - checkout Defective Yeti's post today I haven't laughed as much in ages.

posted by Ham at 00:42 -- Comments here: 3

Comments on "The Cutty Sark"

 

Blogger stéphanie et arnaud said ... (08:47) : 

wonderfull !! i love old sailing ship.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:50) : 

I think your blog is fantastic - I never knew London had so many great places - I only come in for work though. I have only skipped through but I will read it properly in my lunch hour. How do you have the time to do all of that?

 

Blogger Ham said ... (13:02) : 

Arnaud - keep watching, another treat to come

Anon - Thanks, glad you enjoy and yes, it can be difficult. I suspect it might be harder to stop now, though ;-)

 

post a comment
Click for more recent posts Click for older posts

Name: Ham Location: London, United Kingdom View my complete profile