Saturday, January 07, 2006

Memento Mori




Rememberance of mortality, or, "remember YOU will die". Muriel Spark explores this ambiguity in her eponymous book (Momento Mori) which I recommend thoroughly (it was she who wrote "The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie").

This photograph is taken in one of my local cemetaries, Yesterday's post took me to a cemetary, that took me here, and that in turn completes the circle from a few posts ago.. I don't want to dwell in the morbid for long and it is not in the spirit of the London Daily to wax long and lyrical on one day's post. But, there is more to show and more to be said, so My Other Stuff will get all the postings. Click, if you'd like to find out. I hope you like this photo in any case.

posted by Ham at 00:03 -- Comments here: 2

Comments on "Memento Mori"

 

Blogger Anna said ... (19:12) : 

I love your picture. I appreciate too the old cemetary (see my blog today...). I like the romantism and the poetic atmosphere of some of them.
Excuse me for my very bad english...
Anna

 

Blogger Ham said ... (18:47) : 

> SF, go on, you know you want to!

> Anna, thanks, your English is fine

 

post a comment
Click for more recent posts Click for older posts

Name: Ham Location: London, United Kingdom View my complete profile