Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Turn again whittington....




Leadenhall market has a history going back over 600 years, when Dick Whittington (yes, that one, the Lord Mayor of London) was made the owner of it. It nestles behind the Lloyds Building, there are four arms, of which this is one. These days it has more cafes, restaurants and pubs than market stalls, although one remains - but I'll show you that tomorrow.

It is quite a delightful place, and blocked in as it is by offices, very easy indeed to miss.

posted by Ham at 00:14 -- Comments here: 3

Comments on "Turn again whittington...."

 

Blogger Ham said ... (07:50) : 

No, one shot - not even on my E500, but experimenting with a litte Panasonic LZ1. Conclusion? The E500 sure is better but the LZ1 doesn't fill the panniers!

 

Blogger Rob said ... (20:50) : 

Thanks for posting this shot. It's now on my list of places to see when I next get to London!

 

Blogger Ham said ... (23:58) : 

SF -> Yes, it is the Olympus E500 and I'm really pleased with it. I just lust after the better lenses, now.

Stuttgart - Thanks, it will take a bit of finding!

 

post a comment
Click for more recent posts Click for older posts

Name: Ham Location: London, United Kingdom View my complete profile