Sunday, February 12, 2006

The Gasometer... as art?



The Gasometer appears to be a peculiarly British phenomena ( any views?), but I alway wonder what archeologists will make of it in aeons to come.... "Those mounds are the ssites of primitive man's devotion to the god of energy"

Note: Ham is on holiday this week, and the posts are happening with the assistance of San Francisco Daily Photo ;-)

posted by Ham at 00:02 -- Comments here: 4

Comments on "The Gasometer... as art?"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (06:23) : 

I'm interested in how this San Fran based assistance happens?

 

Blogger breadchick said ... (12:59) : 

I don't know if it is art or not, but I rely on the gasometer next to the train tracks as you enter Victoria Station when I'm traveling on the Gatwick Express to let me know I'm less than 5 minutes from the station. It is my landmark that I am truly "home" again.

 

Blogger Denton said ... (14:59) : 

Maybe one day we will power our cars by water using Hydrogen technology. In the mean time walking to work may be the best alternative.

Good photo and interesting topic.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (17:21) : 

We have gasometers here in St. Louis, Missouri USA. They are all by the highway and are very rusty and large. It is neet to know that they are found all over the world

 

post a comment
Click for more recent posts Click for older posts

Name: Ham Location: London, United Kingdom View my complete profile