Sunday, February 05, 2006

I love maps.....



...and I don't care who knows it. which makes it lucky that we have Stanfords in Long Acre, Covent Garden. This is the place where dreams and journeys start. They have more maps than you can imagine, from all countries. Travel books, guide books - they are all here. Maps of your back yard, or the universe, they will all fit, in the right scale.

posted by Ham at 00:12 -- Comments here: 8

Comments on "I love maps....."

 

Blogger Mathieu said ... (09:44) : 

love maps too

 

Blogger Eric said ... (11:14) : 

Hey you two here is a useful address: mapaddiction.com!

 

Blogger breadchick said ... (14:20) : 

This is one of my favourite shops in London. When I was living there and didn't have enough money for holiday, I would go here, buy a map and guide book of where I wanted to go, head back to my flat and take an arm-chair holiday. Thanks for a lovely picture.

 

Blogger Bob said ... (15:35) : 

I'd forgotten all about Stamfords. I went there about twenty years ago to get a map of north east Africa.

Thanks ham!

 

Blogger Ham said ... (00:51) : 

Thanks, all nice to see that this touches a chord with others, too.

 

Blogger Jean said ... (04:32) : 

Oh! you know all my favourite places. When I come to London I also love to go to Camden Passage where I can buy old stock certificates.

Keep up the good work.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (09:24) : 

Should we start a secret map-lovers society do you think?

 

Blogger Ham said ... (14:47) : 

Good idea BW... how about the "Map Understanding for Private and Public Enthusiam with Taste Society"?

 

post a comment
Click for more recent posts Click for older posts

Name: Ham Location: London, United Kingdom View my complete profile