Wednesday, February 01, 2006

London's Elephants, No.1 in the series



There are a surprising number of elephants in London, in the oddest corners. I thought it would be nice to have an series of them from time to time - here is the first. There is a Dali exhibition in the South Bank and there are constructions of some of Dali's painted creations in a lot of public places. For example, the "drawer lady" in Waterloo Station (look for it as you get off Eurostar), the melted watch and this elephant on the South Bank, near the London Eye.

posted by Ham at 00:02 -- Comments here: 5

Comments on "London's Elephants, No.1 in the series"

 

Blogger Eric said ... (10:08) : 

Il ove this photo Ham, it makes think that we have a bunch of elephants here too - and that I should take the one that sits in front of the Musée d'Orsay in Paris.

 

Blogger Bob said ... (10:58) : 

Great photo. Makes me want to get out of the way just in case it decides to sit down.

 

Blogger Joe said ... (13:42) : 

Really impressive photo
I love it
even if Dalì is not one of my favurite artist, but these elephants are really cool

 

Blogger Ham said ... (18:52) : 

I keep on looking for the Dali dromedary, which must be somewhere around. But I'll know when I've found the Dali Llama. (sorry sorry sorry - I couldn't help myself)

 

Blogger Andreea said ... (19:57) : 

I can only hope the exhibit will be there in two weeks.
Btw, will take you up on the stilton info :) - I simply love that cheese (all this from someone who lives in a country of cheese...)

 

post a comment
Click for more recent posts Click for older posts

Name: Ham Location: London, United Kingdom View my complete profile