Wednesday, April 12, 2006

The Egyptian Trail - Cleopatras Needle



Well, here we are. The end of the trail - it's Cleopatra's Needle. 3,500 years old, and brought to London in 1878. But the history of how it came to arrive, its epic journey and the lives it claimed on that journey are worth reading.

I'm on holiday this week, so posting happens courtesy of Manuel at San Francisco Daily Photo

posted by Ham at 00:02 -- Comments here: 2

Comments on "The Egyptian Trail - Cleopatras Needle"

 

Blogger Mathieu said ... (15:21) : 

3,500 years old, great!

 

Blogger Lorethian said ... (15:43) : 

Peter is right, it amazes me how often I forget about what my home town has to offer.


http://kansascitydailyphoto.blogspot.com/

 

post a comment
Click for more recent posts Click for older posts

Name: Ham Location: London, United Kingdom View my complete profile