Saturday, April 08, 2006

Good things happen



London Black Cabs are astonishing. Apart from their amazing 25 foot turning circle, they now have adverts on and turn up in places as diverse as Paris and Edinburgh. But the thing that sets this one apart is the advertising message from a phone company - "Good Things Can Happen When Your Phone's Off" The British have always been in the vanguard of advertising, but I think that this campaign is genius.

This gives me an excuse to segue to recommended listening. If you only ever listen to one radio program in your life, listen to the 7th April Reith Lecture - "in the Beginning There Was Sound" by Daniel Barenboim, and you will hear in music why the Oslo Accord was always doomed to failure. If you want to have a laugh, you can always listen to The Now Show, as well.

posted by Ham at 00:07 -- Comments here: 6

Comments on "Good things happen"

 

Blogger Anne said ... (03:19) : 

Wow cute taxi! =) Reminds me of pineapples!

 

Blogger Jean said ... (07:33) : 

Reminds me of a dog! Lovely shot and thank you for helping me with my photologo.

 

Blogger Lisi said ... (09:18) : 

that's as cool as those in Edinburgh...

 

Blogger Anna said ... (12:27) : 

Funny picture :)

 

Blogger la femme said ... (17:21) : 

I love London black cabs, but I also love it when they have creative advertising- the eyes on this are so great!

 

Blogger Nicola said ... (10:18) : 

These taxis are really cool! They have so much style! The ad on this one is nice, too.

 

post a comment
Click for more recent posts Click for older posts

Name: Ham Location: London, United Kingdom View my complete profile