Tuesday, June 13, 2006

HMS Belfast



HMS Belfast is a surprise to people, finding a warship in the shadow of Tower Bridge. It has an extensive active history, and you can visit it. If you are lucky, you may get shown round by one of the ex sailors that served on her. A couple of years back I had a private tour like that on the evening my friend had his 50th birthday party on board.

posted by Ham at 00:27 -- Comments here: 1

Comments on "HMS Belfast"

 

Blogger ems said ... (21:09) : 

Similar story - a friend celebrated his 40th birthday with a meal on board. December two years ago. We had to run for the last tube from Tower Hill and I had to ditch my shoes to manage it. Nearly got frostbite but one of those mad things that make you smile.

 

post a comment
Click for more recent posts Click for older posts

Name: Ham Location: London, United Kingdom View my complete profile