Friday, July 28, 2006

Petanque, anyone?



If you were a frenchman at a loose end for a game of boules in London, where would you go? Not here at the Hays Galleria on the Southbank, where there is a boules court, but the local office workers who play enthusiastically, even if they don't know the rules
. A frenchman would probably weep.

I'm on holiday for the next two weeks, posts continuing by magic, but I will not be able to answer comments.

posted by Ham at 00:02 -- Comments here: 5

Comments on "Petanque, anyone?"

 

Blogger ems said ... (08:31) : 

Coincidentally someone asked me last night if I knew of anywhere in London where you could try out boules. The answer has now changed to yes!

Enjoy your holiday.

 

Blogger Annie said ... (14:32) : 

I'm thinking that a Frenchman might feel good about seeing this boules court. He could be an expert and teach everyone who the game is really played back home.

 

Blogger Oleanderman said ... (17:11) : 

Excellent. But if he's got a boule in one hand, how does he carry the cellphone, the ipod, the laptop and the icedmocha-skinnytallwetlatte? It can't be London...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (20:12) : 

I played a couple of weeks ago for the first time and had a great time.

After I sell my screenplay and buy a mansion, I'll have a court installed. :)

 

Blogger City Slicker said ... (17:58) : 

Ahhhh, that is my company playing there in Hays Galleria. You can just about make me out in the background. How scary!

 

post a comment
Click for more recent posts Click for older posts

Name: Ham Location: London, United Kingdom View my complete profile