Monday, July 24, 2006

Southbank Buskers



It's quite normal to find recently qualified music students busking, these two were good. So I asked what the piece they were playing was. It was a klezmer violin piece. Which they played on flute and banjo. OK.

posted by Ham at 00:02 -- Comments here: 4

Comments on "Southbank Buskers"

 

Blogger Steverino said ... (14:13) : 

Thanks for the shot. The contrast with the two business dudes, one on a cel phone is a real comment on the contrast with the vintage music and values.

I love Klez music, soul music of the Yids.

Do you know if there is much Klez busking about London?

Stef in Chicago.

 

Blogger Oleanderman said ... (20:18) : 

The guy with the phone is clearly too important to enjoy a little music of a lunchtime! Nice one.

 

Blogger Ham said ... (23:27) : 

I just love the way everyone shimmies round beggars, buskers, salesmen. I'd love to put a movie camera vertically above and speed up the playback.

 

Blogger Cheltenhamdailyphoto said ... (19:25) : 

I reckon those two chaps walking past are security men "yep, yep, I'm eyeballing, eyeballing, it's in the kid's guitar case, ok we're onto it. Go go go."

 

post a comment
Click for more recent posts Click for older posts

Name: Ham Location: London, United Kingdom View my complete profile