Thursday, August 10, 2006

Centre Point



Here is Centre Point, which has been a London Landmark for some time, history is here. I remember the first time I saw it as a child looking up and getting hte sensation that the building was moving. I assume that my eye has got used to the spectacle by now.

Some people think it is one of the ugliest London buildings and I can understand why, but I quite like it.

I'm on holiday for the next two weeks, posts continuing by magic, but I will not be able to answer comments.

posted by Ham at 00:02 -- Comments here: 4

Comments on "Centre Point"

 

Blogger Curly said ... (09:33) : 

This is the kind of shot that I like, unusual angles, perspectives, and clean lines, well saturated.

Can you tell me how long it usually takes to get listed in "the hub"?

Curly's Photoshop

 

Blogger Shelly said ... (17:44) : 

The sun reflecting on the building is great! I love skyscrapers even if they are a bit ugly. ;)

 

Blogger Kim said ... (17:56) : 

Ham, this puts me in mind of those cream-filled cookies with the waffle texture! I see what you mean about the feeling that the building is moving. Some of that sensation for me is from your POV, though. With no other buildings as backdrop, that effect is hightened.

Hey, hasn't it been two weeks yet? When will you be back??? Hope you are enjoying a relaxing time,
-Kim

 

Blogger Erwin said ... (21:24) : 

Centrepoint. We have that name for a shopping mall here in Singapore. Nice blog.

-Erwin

 

post a comment
Click for more recent posts Click for older posts

Name: Ham Location: London, United Kingdom View my complete profile