Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Folded London



This statue is from one of my favorite areas of London, Holborn Viaduct. It is one of the oldest parts of London, the Diamond Geezer did a great piece following the course of the River Fleet, at this point it has long gone underground.

To me, this is where London seems to fold over itself in layer after layer. The viaduct links the financial city to the commercial heart, the statues to science art and so on are entirely typical of Victorian aspirations and ideals.

I'll be back to tell you more about the area soon.

posted by Ham at 00:02 -- Comments here: 1

Comments on "Folded London"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (09:39) : 

I enjoyed this post, the links, and the photo very much. Thank you. There.

 

post a comment
Click for more recent posts Click for older posts

Name: Ham Location: London, United Kingdom View my complete profile