Friday, September 01, 2006

Theme Day - Doorways!



(Anyone looking for the Mass Lone Demo stuff, come back tomorrow or visit Gub Gub's Blog

Today's theme for the City Daily Photobloggers is Doorways.

I thought about what to do for this theme day, and suddenly it came to me - I had to show you the Famous London Doorway I couldn't photograph - 10 Downing Street! I think I must be showing my age by remembering when you could walk right up to it.

(Later: Realising that some may not know where No. 10 Downing Street is, here is the view along the street. This is just the barrier that stops you entering the road.)


44 ummm 45 Awww.... Lots and lots of Daily Photo sites are participating in the 1st September theme, please use the links to below to visit them.

Due to time zone differences and other factors, the theme photo may not be displayed until later if you are viewing early in the day.

1 Porto - 2 Copenhagen - 3 Trier - 4 Hyde - 5 Greenville - 6 Trondheim - 7 Manila - 8 Stayton - 9 St Paul - 10 Alexandria - 11 Kuala Lumpur - 12 Guadalajara - 13 Szentes - 14 Sydney - 15 Buenavista del Norte - 16 Sharon - 17 Albuquerque - 18 Washington - 19 Chattanooga - 20 Antigua - 21 Rotterdam - 22 Portsmouth - 23 Ryde - 24 Saarbrücken - 25 London - 26 Newcastle - 27 Singapore - 28 Aliso Viejo - 29 Seattle - 30 Delta - 31 San Diego - 32 Jakarta - 33 Vallauris - 34 Brussels - 35 Freemont - 36 Stavanger - 37 Paris - 38 Sainte Maxime - 39 Hong Kong - 40 Oulu - 41 Trujillo - 42 Berlin - 43 Vanta - 44 Melbourne - 45 Edinburgh - 46 Nottingham - 47 Dubai - 48 Budapest - 49 Santiago

posted by Ham at 00:41 -- Comments here: 16

Comments on "Theme Day - Doorways!"

 

Blogger Denton said ... (02:24) : 

A famous doorway known around the world. I also remember walking past number 10 Downing many years ago.

 

Blogger ~tanty~ said ... (07:31) : 

It looks beautiful even though from a far. Thank you Ham :)

 

Blogger Kris said ... (08:11) : 

this sure is the most popular door!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (08:21) : 

Certainly the most famous one I've come across yet ! Thanks Ham.

 

Blogger Kim said ... (08:26) : 

A great choice for today, Ham! A very nice photo,
-Kim

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (08:43) : 

Can I volunteer photos 45 & 46 at my Nottingham & Dubai sites.

 

Blogger Toulouse Photo Day said ... (09:12) : 

Sorry guy, there are 45 Daily Photo sites are participating "Doorways"..
thank

 

Blogger Kate said ... (12:59) : 

Without looking it up, I, of course, remember No 10 Downing Street, but never walked right up to it.

Ham, I'm a member of city blogs but know nothing about theme days except what I read in other people's blogs. How do I remedy this? Thanks, and have a good week-end!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (16:07) : 

It seems as though everyone wants a view of that door. It's a shame that it has be protected...

Nice choice for today.

 

Blogger Gerald (SK14) said ... (18:49) : 

Reminds me of that old saying -- when is a door not a door? -- when it's ajar!

 

Blogger Michael Salone said ... (19:19) : 

Arrgh gerarld england!

Ham, I would have been disappointed had you not chosen this as "your door", but I didn't remember that you couldn't see it better from the street. Guess you'll have to get a special invite from Tony next time.

 

Blogger kaa said ... (22:31) : 

well besides the 'doorway' i was looking at the tourists.. this is one place where people won't give you a look for taking a picture.. something i've come used to since being part of DP

 

Blogger Jean said ... (00:26) : 

You made the right choice. This is a doorway know around the world.
Not as I remember - in the Mr. Minister series they would walk from one house to another using the front door. Times change.

I am slow at learning, so next time I will find out how I get the 1-2-3 numbers.

 

Blogger Sally said ... (06:28) : 

Onya Ham - see my comments on 02 Sep!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (15:44) : 

That's a famous doorway. I have the same picture in my archive somewhere.

Almost every tourist to London must have taken a photo there ;-)

 

Blogger Chris said ... (13:22) : 

No way to that door no more, for the common mortal we are. Do you have any Uping street in London :)- ?

 

post a comment
Click for more recent posts Click for older posts

Name: Ham Location: London, United Kingdom View my complete profile