Friday, October 06, 2006

The Age of Aquarius - Hair as Art



This place made me wish I still had hair - yes it is a real hair salon - you have to love a hairdresser's called The Bald Patch. At least, I do. To quote their website:
Having worked in the field of hairdressing as senior hairstylists and salon owners in London, Bilbao, Barcelona, Vienna and Tokyo, and having collaborated on various projects as free-lance artists, we have now decided to approach hairdressing from a new point of view,
You can find it at the moment in the car park at the top of Brick Lane.

posted by Ham at 00:57 -- Comments here: 11

Comments on "The Age of Aquarius - Hair as Art"

 

Blogger Lisi said ... (05:00) : 

Ham, my thought about this photo is not about the salon but the bus and the number 23. HK uses pretty much the same make of bus as in the UK (could be a British company?) and we have exactly the same model as shown here...and #23 is a major line I take to go home ;-)

 

Blogger Jing said ... (07:11) : 

:D
hee hee...at the first sight,I thought it is a double-deck bus as Lisi did.
hee hee...So unique hair salon!!
I am planning to do some haircut now.
:D
...Jing

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (07:54) : 

Strange angled photo Ham. Getting artistic in your old age??

 

Blogger Jazzy said ... (09:45) : 

wow how cool is that.

 

Blogger Oleanderman said ... (11:46) : 

Great shot. Love the angle :)

 

Blogger ems said ... (13:43) : 

Bet they still charge salon prices...

 

Blogger Ham said ... (15:18) : 

lisi - I think this lot would cut corners ;-)

ems - top deck prices!

 

Blogger Kitten Heels said ... (15:21) : 

Love it!
Mmmm Brick Lane ba-...Maybe I'll go have a wander see if I can find it :) Thanks Ham!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (21:10) : 

is it always park in the same place? ** wondering **

 

Blogger Nathalie H.D. said ... (13:44) : 

Fun !
And just like you I enjoy the humour of the 'bald patch' - which you reinforced with the previous post called 'lunar landscape' - intentional I'm sure ?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (23:09) : 

hello,

im one of the hairdressers of the bald patch, thx for your interest, nice posts. we are there friday and saturday at the moment....check www.thebaldpatch.co.uk, www.begona.net

karina

 

post a comment
Click for more recent posts Click for older posts

Name: Ham Location: London, United Kingdom View my complete profile