Tuesday, October 31, 2006

London Daily Photo Does Sleaze!



I was considering which of my other Marylebone Lane (This week's The Way We See It location) photos to show, but then I came across this link - it seems that this club has Feline Waitresses - IT'S OFFICIAL! a club that ADMITS it serves cat's p1ss! (I also found these Sophisticats if you like your blues funky). Made me smile, anyway. Maybe I'm missing something, but I fail to see the attraction of these clubs. Well, that's not quite true. I do see the attraction - I fail to see the ... value? I don't know. Chaq'un a son gout, and London certainly has its fair share of goo.

Marylebone Lane is a fascinating street - it follows the course of one of London's now hidden rivers - The Tyburn - and there is still a reminder of it above ground somwhere along it. A London Daily Photo prize if you know what it is! (Answer arives the day after tomorrow)

posted by Ham at 00:02 -- Comments here: 15

Comments on "London Daily Photo Does Sleaze!"

 

Blogger Eric said ... (23:49) : 

And how exactly did you "come across" (you forgot "by accident") this link???

 

Blogger Ham said ... (23:53) : 

RESEARCH, Eric, Research. All in hte name of Science, Art and Daily Photo Blogs

 

Blogger Kate said ... (00:30) : 

Hmm! Could I use it for my avatar?!

 

Blogger scouter573 said ... (07:04) : 

You can only mean the Tyburn Tree.

Well, OK, someone who actually knows something about London might actually thing of a real answer, but Tyburn Tree is the best answer I can gin up.

-andy

 

Blogger Irredento Urbanita said ... (14:47) : 

Hi Ham:

I guess pan pipes are from Perú and Bolivia, because they were found in archaelogical rests from several centuries ago, before the arrival of spanish conquest. These instruments were used by andean people, I like the spund of this unstrument, is so basic and essential. They used to love the earth with its sounds.

Thanx for your question.

Greetings from a peruvian in Barcelona

 

Blogger ... said ... (18:01) : 

WOW !!!!!!

 

Blogger ems said ... (18:50) : 

Very distasteful photo. I almost boycotted you but thought it better to protest.

Not sure about the question - some argue the Tyburn crosses the Regents Canal in an aqueduct (others disagree). You can see where it discharges into the Thames at Rio Cottage. Back in the war you could see the water running through a crater where it crossed Oxford Street. Other than that I don't have a clue!

 

Blogger Ham said ... (19:53) : 

ems - didn't mean to cause offence, I have strong antipathy to our "Page 3" culture. But, this is a poster on a London street and so has a place here. The framing of my photo was a deliberate attempt to add counterpoint to the establishment's attempt at sophistication. Also, I avoided using any of the obvious terms to describe their activities so that they would not receive Google publicity. Hope that helps ;-)

As far as the quiz goes - andy, good try but no, same with ems. It's in Marylebone Lane. I'm not sure whether it's google-able as I found it in a book. I think this will deserve something more than the LDP postcard if anyone gets it.

 

Blogger Kitten Heels said ... (21:22) : 

Oooh! Oooh! I know! I know! but I don't want a prize so I'm pretty useless aren't I?

As for the picture I have to admit for a second I thought I'd clicked the wrong link! But I must say that you see far worse in advertising campaigns for new showergels - while this may be a blatant attempt to be sexual, it also fully clothed, can other companies that are not advertising the same as this claim such a thing?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (23:25) : 

Could it be Sloane Square station, where a conduit (allegedly) carries the river/stream in an iron pipe. Gawd blimey mate, do the sloane Rangers know about that?

 

Blogger Matthieu said ... (23:48) : 

I like the "à chacun son goût" you used in your comment :)

 

Blogger Ham said ... (00:49) : 

Kitten Heels - if you know the answer, that's impressive. By the way - the prize hasn't changed that much from the London Daily Photo winner's postcard.

Ex-cockney - sorry, but this is in Marylebone Lane itself.

 

Blogger Kala said ... (06:42) : 

Its human (male) nature and something we cannot deny nor ignore haha - nice photo =)

 

Blogger Kitten Heels said ... (19:04) : 

Well...I say I know I know! But It's more I THINK I know I know! because I read someone on the hidden rivers a little while ago. It's not about what the prize is Ham...I'm just not a prizey person, I hope it didn't sound any other way?

 

Blogger ems said ... (19:32) : 

Ham - on reflection I probably sounded rather abrupt there. No offence taken. I'm still puzzling on the question...

 

post a comment
Click for more recent posts Click for older posts

Name: Ham Location: London, United Kingdom View my complete profile