Thursday, October 12, 2006

Tate Modern Slides



Everyone is talking about the Tate Modern slides, because they are Art. Well, actually it's because they are fun, but isn't that the best kind of art?

So which photo to show you? The DNA View? The "What is it?" View? The Abstract View? I chose this one because I think it is art. The spotlights throw these fascinating shapes on the wall, and most people are too busy looking at the slides.

posted by Ham at 00:23 -- Comments here: 15

Comments on "Tate Modern Slides"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (01:28) : 

I like this view the best. Very interesting shot.

Oh, and the show Good Morning America had a piece on the slides this morning.

 

Blogger Lisi said ... (03:08) : 

Ham, I like this one too but you are very creative to have photographed it in different ways...I enjoy the other photos too

 

Blogger Carraol said ... (03:28) : 

Nice shadows, cool shot.

 

Blogger Kim said ... (04:15) : 

Bravo, Ham! My vote for one of the very best shots of the year!
-Kim

 

Blogger Oleanderman said ... (09:48) : 

Like this a lot, especially the fact that nobody else notices what's around them. Have a great ride this weekend mate.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (09:48) : 

Interesting shot! Love the atmosphere and anonymity created by the capturing the shadows.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:08) : 

Well done Ham, love the shadows and the shapes and lines they create. Good choice.

 

Blogger Kitten Heels said ... (18:56) : 

Took me three clicks to realise every letter in the first two words was a link then! Love this one Ham, definately art. The DNA one is gorgeous too.

Brilliant :)

Question is...Did you have a go?

 

Blogger ems said ... (20:12) : 

Another brilliant photo - thank you!

 

Blogger Carlos Lorenzo said ... (22:24) : 

I read it in the news here, but thanks to your series I have taken a good look at the slides at Tate. I consider this one with shadows and silhouettes more artistic too.

 

Blogger Nathalie H.D. said ... (22:47) : 

Aaaaaah Ham this is my kind of photo. Yes it is art, absolutely! Congratulations, it really speaks to me. The abstract one is interesting too but this one is better. The other two are just there for information.

 

Blogger Nathalie H.D. said ... (22:55) : 

The more I look at it, the more I like it!
BTW I really enjoyed your elephants series.
In Sydney today, I went touristy and had a go at the Sydney Opera House, hard to resist from time to time, it's such a powerful subject.

 

Blogger Ham said ... (23:57) : 

Thanks all!

Did I have a go? Not then, but as I work very nearby, I'll pick up a ticket one night (they are free) for the next day. Might even put together a posse.

 

Blogger albi(francesca perani) said ... (18:20) : 

love this one.

 

Blogger Alan in Belfast (Alan Meban) said ... (15:51) : 

Thanks for the link!

I like the shadowy photos best.

 

post a comment
Click for more recent posts Click for older posts

Name: Ham Location: London, United Kingdom View my complete profile