Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Tally Ho!



The Hunting season began on Saturday. You probably knew that Hyde Park used to be a royal hunting ground, and that Soho was so called after a hunting cry (although that is probably not the case). However, you might not have realised that you can find Hyde Park Stables in London not half a mile from Marble Arch, if you fancy hacking out one day. I'm not certain I'd like to mix it with the traffic on a horse - I think I'll stick with my bike.

posted by Ham at 00:07 -- Comments here: 9

Comments on "Tally Ho!"

 

Blogger Outhouse Capital of Canada said ... (04:08) : 

why is it only girls ride horses

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (07:58) : 

Horse muck; a great natural way of improving your garden.

 

Blogger Holly Muppet said ... (09:45) : 

I can't believe I recently stayed just around the corner and never knew it was there. Now book-marked for my next visit, thanks for the info Ham!

 

Blogger Oleanderman said ... (10:36) : 

Nice capture. It's great that kids can get to ride in the middle of the city. and what is it about girls and ponies?! :)

 

Blogger Ham said ... (16:12) : 

gails man - "Horse muck; a great natural way of improving your garden" an even more effective way of making national policy ;-)

I have no idea why it is normally perceived as a "girly" thing, that's been happening long before My Little Pony. Weird. Probably more so in town than country, but even so....

 

Blogger Kitten Heels said ... (20:22) : 

I think I'd feel safer on horseback than bicycle, think about all that animal power between your legs!

And equestrian is a great look ;-)

 

Blogger Ham said ... (21:59) : 

Oh yes - there's that old chestnut - How do you make a girl's bum look small? Put it on top of a horse. (it works, by the way)

 

Blogger Lunar Chick said ... (23:31) : 

I knew I recognised that area... a cousin took me horse riding once, the first time I ever went. I have to say I was far from impressed. It wasn't that it was a bad experience, I just couldn't stand how I was being dragged around a park on a horse like a kid on a donkey at the seaside! Just wasn't impressed by it at all...

 

Blogger John Nez said ... (21:11) : 

In NYC the area called SoHo is the condensed version of 'SOuth of HOuston'... that is south of Houston street.

Then here in Seattle they have SoDo... meaning SOuth of the DOme.

Funny how that name keeps getting used over and over.

 

post a comment
Click for more recent posts Click for older posts

Name: Ham Location: London, United Kingdom View my complete profile