Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Oggy Oggy Oggy!



This week, The Way We See It took me to the soulless wasteland that is Euston Square. This shot - the back of a West Cornwall Pastie takeaway - took my fancy, but didn't quite make the cut. This spied through an office window was my favourite.

The Cornish Pastie (an Oggy) is the original packed lucnch for the Cornish tin miners. A meat savoury through most of it, it was sweet at one end and the crimped pastry formed a handle that could be used by the men with dirty hands.

Oggy Oggy Oggy Oy Oy Oy! is a rugby chant. You had to be there.

posted by Ham at 00:02 -- Comments here: 3

Comments on "Oggy Oggy Oggy!"

 

Blogger Kate said ... (01:53) : 

The copper miners in Houghton-Hancock, Michigan in the Upper Peninsula also had a form of this pastry. Actually very delicious.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (06:40) : 

I like this!
Did the oggy exist before the sandwich was invented?
Took a return visit to your &the Dec post on St Katherine's Dock for the pleasure of seeing your spread-winged cormorant again!

I'm celebrating my 111+1st post tomorrow - I forgot to celebrate the 100th and I thought 111+1 sounded just as good!!!
Cheers
Nathalie

 

Blogger Jing said ... (05:44) : 

this photo is so cool!!!
:))
hee hee...i like this one!

jing

 

post a comment
Click for more recent posts Click for older posts

Name: Ham Location: London, United Kingdom View my complete profile