Sunday, December 24, 2006

Party time!


Having a fancy dress party? You need to go to Bermans & Nathans, the theatrical costumiers in Shaftsbury Avenue. I could tell you the story about how - when I hired a 17th Century pirates costume - I tried to argue my way into Claridges where the doormen are in 17th century livery but they wouldn't le me in - but that's a longer story.

posted by Ham at 00:26 -- Comments here: 10

Comments on "Party time!"

 

Blogger ems said ... (21:36) : 

I know the place you are talking about - but the photo isn't showing up...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (22:03) : 

nope - it's not working for me either.

PS Happy Christmas!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (22:51) : 

Perhaps the building has some special camoflaging, to stop it being photographed by terrorists. After all, where better for a terrorist to go & steal police uniforms, Arab disdash's and the like.

 

Blogger Cheltenhamdailyphoto said ... (00:06) : 

Can't you see the picture? It's of Ham, dressed in his new costume - the Invisible Man!

 

Blogger Ham said ... (07:14) : 

Sorry abouut that folks - I am posting from the top of a mountain right now, that is my excuse and I am sticking to it!

 

Blogger Cheltenhamdailyphoto said ... (10:30) : 

Sum-mit say they couldn't see you, Ham, but i saw the Emperor with his new clothes just fine.
This is a lovely photo, adore the blue and that dress on the right is superb. Forget fancy dress, it's a party frock!

 

Blogger Kate said ... (12:35) : 

Great party frocks! Lovely shades of blue. Happy Holidays to you!

 

Blogger Sally said ... (12:40) : 

Have a very festive Christmas! Joyesux Noel and buona festa to you and your family, from me and mine here in rainy (but fine forecast for Christmas Day) Sydney. Has the fog lifted?

 

Blogger Monsieur Pain d'épices said ... (14:51) : 

bon natale à tutti è pace è salute...
joyeux noël,
happy christmas,
feliz Navidad,
feliz Natal,
χαρούμενος noel,
fröhliches Weihnachten,
Natale allegro...

 

Blogger Lunar Chick said ... (22:26) : 

I love that shop! I always love walking past it to look at what they have. I remember walking passed with a friend saying, "When I grow up, I wanna be a showgirl." It's a great one!

 

post a comment
Click for more recent posts Click for older posts

Name: Ham Location: London, United Kingdom View my complete profile