Saturday, February 24, 2007

Another Sculpture...


Sometimes, the simplest sculptures can be equally effective. This is in the new development around the old vegetable market (now trendy shopping) in Spitalfields - I like it.

(I'm away for the weekend - posting continues)

posted by Eric at 12:11 -- Comments here: 3

Comments on "Another Sculpture..."

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (09:45) : 

Indeed, I like it too

AND...I've a fence post repair spike standing upside down by the back door of the same colour. Our eldest last night asked (seriously, I think) if it was a new sculpture for the garden.

 

Blogger Cheltenhamdailyphoto said ... (10:40) : 

I like the idea but not the materials, Ham (and Eric). I think i must be too much of a traditionalist in matters of art. Good shot though showing the intended perspective.

 

Blogger Ham said ... (07:17) : 

Nic, consider selling them as such in Covent Garden ;-)

Lynn, It suits the location well. Also, what you can't see is that it looks "punched" out of a flat sheet and bent up. I take it as a great allegory of the comparison between old and new building, but maybe that's just me.

 

post a comment
Click for more recent posts Click for older posts

Name: Ham Location: London, United Kingdom View my complete profile