Pink Ribbon

Saturday, February 24, 2007

Another Sculpture...


Sometimes, the simplest sculptures can be equally effective. This is in the new development around the old vegetable market (now trendy shopping) in Spitalfields - I like it.

(I'm away for the weekend - posting continues)

posted by Eric at 12:11 -- Comments here: 3

Comments on "Another Sculpture..."

 

Anonymous NiC said ... (09:45) : 

Indeed, I like it too

AND...I've a fence post repair spike standing upside down by the back door of the same colour. Our eldest last night asked (seriously, I think) if it was a new sculpture for the garden.

 

Blogger lynn said ... (10:40) : 

I like the idea but not the materials, Ham (and Eric). I think i must be too much of a traditionalist in matters of art. Good shot though showing the intended perspective.

 

Blogger Ham said ... (07:17) : 

Nic, consider selling them as such in Covent Garden ;-)

Lynn, It suits the location well. Also, what you can't see is that it looks "punched" out of a flat sheet and bent up. I take it as a great allegory of the comparison between old and new building, but maybe that's just me.

 

post a comment
Click for more recent posts Click for older posts

Name: Ham Location: London, United Kingdom View my complete profile