Sunday, February 25, 2007

The Crown and Sceptre


Magnificent Victorian pub signs like this, built into the wall are few and far between, but they do exist. They were probably fashionable for a while.

posted by Eric at 00:18 -- Comments here: 3

Comments on "The Crown and Sceptre"

 

Blogger Cheltenhamdailyphoto said ... (10:34) : 

Great sign, i love to spot them - you and i have both been looking at red brick walls recently - see Cheltenham.
Have you been into this pub or is that a silly question?

 

Blogger Stonch said ... (02:18) : 

I have been to that pub many times, and indeed had Sunday lunch there just a week ago - but I'm ashamed to say I've never noticed the sign in your photo! I will take a proper look next time I am there. I like your blog.

 

Blogger Ham said ... (07:14) : 

Lynn - does it count that I used to drink there (and everywhere else in the vicinity) almost thirty years ago ? I used to live around the corner.

Stonch - always look up ! ;-)

 

post a comment
Click for more recent posts Click for older posts

Name: Ham Location: London, United Kingdom View my complete profile