Saturday, March 03, 2007

The Handlebar Club



A special treat for those of you who still visit on weekends(yes I know a lot of you only drop in from work, that's OK by me), I present for your edification the Handlebar Club.

I don't think you could get more idiosyncratically British than this. Tonight I visited the monthly meeting of the handlebar club at the Most Excellent pub, the Windsor Castle in Crawford Street. the criteria for memebrship? "a hirsute appendage of the upper lip, with graspable extremities" I couldn't join myself, but I nominated my dad posthumously as a member.

A pub worth visiting any time, and particularly on the first Friday of each month. A nicer bunch of folks you couldn't hope to meet.

posted by Ham at 00:38 -- Comments here: 5

Comments on "The Handlebar Club"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (04:34) : 

Oh wow Ham, this is fun!
So typically British as you say. Sydney hosts a much different event today, I doubt that the crowds would be the same than those you see in the Handlebar club. Come and have a look !

 

Blogger ems said ... (07:47) : 

Fantastic!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (08:58) : 

How fabulous is that?!

 

Blogger Chuckeroon said ... (16:41) : 

Great post. Don't forget to come down for breakfast in the Orangery before too long.

 

Blogger stromsjo said ... (20:57) : 

So very British, that's for sure!

Have a nice weekend!

 

post a comment
Click for more recent posts Click for older posts

Name: Ham Location: London, United Kingdom View my complete profile