Friday, March 16, 2007

The London Eye and 25,000,000 passengers



The London Eye are approaching their 25,000,000th passenger and they thought it would be a good idea to stage a photo competition to mark the event. As, along with almost all other Londoners I've taken the Eye to my heart, I confess to being chuffed to the knickers when I was included in the invite list. The Diamond Geezer has an excellent write up of the detail, so I'll just talk about pictures.

I tried to make my photos different, not an easy task with something so thoroughly photographed from every angle, it was a tough call whether this or the "zoom" one on the Eye website picture is my favourite.from the session (or maybe, the "Lighthouse" one...) There are quite a lot of rather good entries, though. The Eye has been used in several of the Londonists Touch Up London series, too.

Can I encourage you (yes, that's right, you) to upload your photos to the site? This has to be an occasion where the more, the merrier. Come on, join in the fun!

posted by Ham at 00:31 -- Comments here: 7

Comments on "The London Eye and 25,000,000 passengers"

 

Blogger puertoricogallery said ... (03:15) : 

Hi!
Nice blog, i from Puerto Rico Island.

 

Blogger scouter573 said ... (05:15) : 

I've uploaded two and have a few more to go. You're an inspiration for me to get off my, uh, backside and into action. Thanks!
-andy

 

Blogger jonemo said ... (08:38) : 

Thanks for that hint! Finally some use for all my Eye photos! I also sent in my yesterday's dailylondon photo!

 

Blogger Cheltenhamdailyphoto said ... (09:18) : 

Ohh i wish i had some pics of the Eye. This photo, Ham, is SUPERB. Surely you will win with this, i just adore it. Good luck! Great phrase; chuffed to the knickers, totally going to use that.

 

Blogger Olive said ... (13:00) : 

Amazing pictures!
Ham I love the sunset one too, it makes the eye look like a bike wheel...
I also agree with lynn, "chuffed to the knickers" can really catch on!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (14:13) : 

Your photo perfectly captures what my stomach would be doing if I went on that! Eye wasn't built last time I was in London. Actually, I think it was still called Londinium then1 :)

 

Blogger Bela said ... (18:09) : 

Every time I go to the National Theatre (which is quite often) I take pics of the London Eye: it's always the same but somehow different.

I like your pics very much, Ham. I've already uploaded three of my pics on the website (I'm gonna be shameless and give the link: http://83.223.108.153/default.aspx?user_id=128). As Jonemo says, at last some use for them! :-)

 

post a comment
Click for more recent posts Click for older posts

Name: Ham Location: London, United Kingdom View my complete profile