Sunday, April 15, 2007

Welcome Home



After yesterday's welcome mat, here is another - a traditional Irish welcome mat. You'll find Thorsten Van Elten in Warren Street, they have some really interesting stuff (lots on their website) and are one of those eclectic shops that London breeds.

Oh, for those wondering what the feck "feck" is....here and here.

posted by Ham at 00:11 -- Comments here: 8

Comments on "Welcome Home"

 

Blogger Olive said ... (01:35) : 

That's awesome!
This store has the most random things. I simply love it! The pigeon light is my favourite.

 

Blogger Michael Salone said ... (07:49) : 

Really cool store Ham. And their website is easy to navigate, which isn't always the case with online stores. So, if I understood well, "feck" means basically the same thing as I thought. Guess I'll have to buy a shirt with that on it to wear to the office on some days!

 

Blogger Jing said ... (08:17) : 

oh...these stuff are my favourite.
:))
if i go these kinds of stores...i cant manage my pocket money.

by the way, like the colourful small chairs...cute.

nice sunday

jing
shanghai daily photo

 

Blogger Gerald (SK14) said ... (10:17) : 

feck -- well I learnt something new again today -- I never really clicked with the humour in Father Ted [though it is certainly more amusing than The Office which doesn't seem funny to me at all]

 

Blogger Stella Bella said ... (13:59) : 

Cool! Love the door mat most. :D

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (16:11) : 

If it were "traditional" Irish it would read "Fook Off."

Just another typical Brit rip-off of classic Irish tradition... :)

 

Blogger Cheltenhamdailyphoto said ... (09:47) : 

Great mat and i particularly like the little chap just out of sight taking a quiet break.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (16:49) : 

In response to imajoebob Peter Mac Cann, who came up with the idea for the doormat, is 100% Irish!

Thorsten (my shop!)

 

post a comment
Click for more recent posts Click for older posts

Name: Ham Location: London, United Kingdom View my complete profile