Tuesday, May 01, 2007

London's Heart 106.2


Radio stations are the lifeblood of a city and if BBC Radio London is the voice of London, Heart 106.2 is the, well, heart. Nice thing about them is that they turn out and support all manner of London activities (and they play a good variety of music, too). Here they are for the start of the Gumball Rally, handing out baloons and ready to help everyone have a good time.

posted by Ham at 01:00 -- Comments here: 6

Comments on "London's Heart 106.2"

 

Blogger Olive said ... (02:27) : 

I love radio stations that actually involve themselves in the city.
Chum FM is one in toronto, although they play tooooo many ads so I can't handle it... but otherwise it's pretty great!

 

Blogger Steve Cuddihy said ... (06:40) : 

I had to post a comment today being as you too felt posting a photo of another city on your blog was a bit strange.

I do need to visit your site more often, lots of interesting photos. There are so many daily photo sites, I miss a lot of my favorites from when I first started mine.

The bluebell woods photo, I've never seen anything like this before. It's just quite different from what I see around my part of the world.

 

Blogger Cheltenhamdailyphoto said ... (09:03) : 

I thought they were acting for a heart charity! Until i saw the 106.2 of course. Lovely picture of them, they all look happy to be there.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:14) : 

I love listenning to Heart Radio. I have also met those guys that go around promoting the station in London and they are so lovely.

I got a keyring once with a torch on and my GF got one that goes into a supermarket trolly which she finds very handy. :-)

 

Blogger Cheltenhamdailyphoto said ... (14:43) : 

Some good old London icons found their way around the world, Ham, in the portal today. Good to see them there!

 

Blogger Cheltenhamdailyphoto said ... (17:58) : 

oh and your anecdote went down so well in Cheltenham! Really charming.

 

post a comment
Click for more recent posts Click for older posts

Name: Ham Location: London, United Kingdom View my complete profile