Friday, June 01, 2007

Ballet in Trafalgar Square

Shot with Olympus E500
Tonight, London's Trafalgar square played host to a giant screen broadcasting Swan Lake live from the Royal Opera House as part of The Summer of Big Screens. It's a series of free relays of ballet and opera to giant screens the length and breath of the country. There was an almost magical atmosphere there, with thousands of people enjoying the spectacle. Which is why I chose this photo instead of the other also-rans. Unfortunately I didn't manage to do the "Swan Fountain" shot I was trying.


See where: London Daily Photo Map

posted by Ham at 00:01 -- Comments here: 5

Comments on "Ballet in Trafalgar Square"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (06:45) : 

I love these events. I saw the opera in Covington Garden a couple Summers ago, and had a great time. Where else can you enjoy Puccini, Doritos, and a kinger (or two) of Stella all at the same time?

 

Blogger Spike said ... (13:01) : 

I hope these relays of abllet and opera stand until August. I´ve just planned to travel to London in the first days of August. My last time there was in 1997.

Cheers from Lisbon, Portugal.

 

Blogger NiC said ... (14:06) : 

"Nah then, nah then, move along nothing to see here..... I remember when this was all fields you know, young lad."

"That was last week sarge!"

"Oh, yeah, so it was..."


Not a ballet fan myself but I do like these open air events in public places. Excellent.

 

Blogger Kunterbunt said ... (15:38) : 

The police look at each other as if asking themselves: Shall we join?

 

Blogger Olive said ... (16:20) : 

that sounds so fun!
I love the middle picture as well.

 

post a comment
Click for more recent posts Click for older posts

Name: Ham Location: London, United Kingdom View my complete profile