Saturday, June 23, 2007

Guys Hospital

Shot with Olympus E500
Guys Hospital has a history of not far short of a thousand years, this building dates from 1726. While it is still a working and teaching hospital, when you walk through this part you can easily imagine yourself in another age.

See where: London Daily Photo Map

posted by Ham at 00:00 -- Comments here: 3

Comments on "Guys Hospital"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (08:12) : 

Sadly the neighbouring Gals Hospital didn't survive....... ;)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:29) : 

I love this shot. Its one of the things I love about London - the unexpected old bits co-existing with the new and still relevant and used.
Chris E

 

Blogger talj said ... (15:12) : 

Guys and St Thomas' have such fantastic interiors. Sadly, 2 years ago I spent a very long and tiring week pacing the corridors of St Thomas' and I know the place like the back of my hand. Stumbling around at 2 or 3am and finding someone playing the grand piano or on one occassion tuning their Violin was a remarkable experience and one that would enable me to clear my head before getting back to my sweetheart in ICU.

Thank you for sharing this photo...I'll be sure to pop back for my London fix!

 

post a comment
Click for more recent posts Click for older posts

Name: Ham Location: London, United Kingdom View my complete profile