Wednesday, June 06, 2007

No change



This is the first of a triptych - this is titled "No Change" - I took it to expresses the elemental quality of stone carving.

I was in Change Alley, one of the City of London's singular, short, alleyways that are at the same time anonymous, insignificant and yet redolent of history. There is no way I would have gone gone here taking photographs if The Way We See It hadn't sent me. I'm quite pleased with my triptych - click here and then on each image to progress to the next. I hope you enjoy it. (Note: don't ignore the titles below the photo) See the images from everyone in thumbnail here.

See where: London Daily Photo Map

posted by Ham at 00:30 -- Comments here: 7

Comments on "No change"

 

Blogger Olive said ... (03:55) : 

Great photos. I have never heard of Change Alley. I wonder why it was named that....

 

Blogger Emilieee said ... (07:34) : 

Change Alley. Hmm.. interesting. And the guy from the sculpture seemed like crying.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (09:55) : 

A great set of photos from what must be a very confined area. So much variety with very little repetition. But no link to where Change Alley is! That's unlike you Ham. I'll have to find it myself. Matthew

 

Blogger Ham said ... (10:33) : 

Matthew - the locations of all my posts are now marked on the London Daily Photo Map, linked at the end of each post. The day's location is always centred on the page, but I haven't worked out how to get the "flag" active to make it clearer.

What is more, each post has the picture on the map, and a link back to the post. Float over the markers to see, you can zoom and pan as it is Google maps.

 

Blogger Chaz said ... (10:50) : 

Good to see the pictures you got of this location. We picked the worst day of the week for our way-we-see-it expedition and all I got was shots of the rain... Great to finally meet you the other week over at King's Cross.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (20:43) : 

Nice triptych.

 

Blogger Ham said ... (00:55) : 

Chaz - a bit less rain does help!

 

post a comment
Click for more recent posts Click for older posts

Name: Ham Location: London, United Kingdom View my complete profile