Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Fancy a pint?

Shot with Olympus E500
I'd like to take you on a short walk over the next few days, not in East London, but in West London.

There is a small corner of Chiswick, sandwiched between the busy A4 and and the Thames, which is really quite special. We'll start today with the bit you can see from the road, Fuller's Brewery. Brewers of one of my favourite beers - London Pride - this independent brewery has been here since 1845, and is reputed to have the oldest wisteria dating from that time. They do tours as well. As averse as I am to chains, they have created a small chain of hotels branded "Ale & Pie", which I think are rather good.

See where: London Daily Photo Map

posted by Ham at 00:29 -- Comments here: 3

Comments on "Fancy a pint?"

 

Blogger breadchick said ... (03:00) : 

Ham, you are a man after my heart and if MBH and an ocean didn't stand between us;-) I saw this and the first thing that sprang to my mind was how I could go for a well pulled pint of London Pride.

 

Blogger talj said ... (19:45) : 

I didnt realise they had hotels now too! Thanks for the info! :o)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (21:05) : 

Tradition is all well and good, but I'm afraid Fuller's ESB falls short. I'm a Bombardier fan, but it's not available in The States. Every clerk I ask about a good substitute bitters suggests the Fuller's. I ask if they've tried it, they all say no, and I tell them it was obvious!

I've yet to see the Chiswick, but if I can find it, I'll give it a try. I've had a pint (or two) of the London Pride, and I'd try it again. But that's not available here either.

 

post a comment
Click for more recent posts Click for older posts

Name: Ham Location: London, United Kingdom View my complete profile