Thursday, July 12, 2007

I'm going to keep you in the dark


You know, this exercise trawling back through my pictures is quite interesting. When I saw Eric's Paris photo the other day, I remebered that I'd looked at the London version and thought of the photographic challenge it represented - I'd quite forgotten I'd tried to create an image from it.

In this restaurant - Dans le Noir you are served and eat in the pitch black. I have to confess, I prefer Eric's treatment. If anyone has eaten there, do let me know. (added half way through the day: I've just thought, it should carry a warning: "Eating dans le noir may leave you dans le chocolat")

See where: London Daily Photo Map

posted by Ham at 00:16 -- Comments here: 5

Comments on "I'm going to keep you in the dark"

 

Blogger Nathalie H.D. said ... (09:14) : 

Oh, so they've kept the same name in London?

Yes, I remember Eric's post. I like your photo. I wish I could see the facade of the restaurant(s) - all black?

Ham, my post today has a link to your elephant series, which I like very much. Cheers

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:41) : 

Nice information. A lot of restaurants here are almost black inside with tiny lights on tables. It allows for lots of things to go unnoticed. So I avoid them.

My wife, Patty, and I have been married for 52 years today. Imagine that.
52 married years

 

Blogger kuanyin333 said ... (10:40) : 

I'd like to try this restaurant and experience what it's like.

 

Blogger MarkTrevorSmith said ... (23:08) : 

The restaurant Dans le Noir is excellent. The room is absolutely pitch black. Apparently, most diners put their fingers in their food; I did not, during two visits. Pouring wine takes patience, but it's fun. You won't be surprised to hear that the food is expensive, but this marvelous visit to another dimension of existing is well worth it.

 

Blogger Ham said ... (22:08) : 

Thanks for the review, Mark, I may yet give it a try...

Still seems exceeding "Fin de siecle" to me, though

 

post a comment
Click for more recent posts Click for older posts

Name: Ham Location: London, United Kingdom View my complete profile