Friday, August 17, 2007

Rinkoff's Bakery

Shot with Olympus E500
Let me show you one of London's hidden secrets, Rinkoff's Bakery. It's very unlikely that you would find this by accident, and if you did there's nothing on the outside to let you know that you've found some of the best sour dough bread & bagels in London.

Established in 1911, Rinkoff's is the last Jewish baker in the East End, as I found out researching. It features in a couple of walks I found. My recommendation? The onion platzel (a crusty white roll with onion).

See where on London Daily Photo Map

posted by Ham at 00:35 -- Comments here: 5

Comments on "Rinkoff's Bakery"

 

Blogger Cheltenhamdailyphoto said ... (01:36) : 

Yum. I fancy a bagel now...

 

Blogger Helen said ... (10:29) : 

I hope they are open on Sunday. Only time I can head over there.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (14:01) : 

Yes they are - open from 7am Sunday-Friday, according to their website.

http://www.rinkoffbakery.co.uk/news.html

 

Blogger Red Lippy said ... (15:20) : 

Hmmm....what about beigel bake?

 

Blogger Outhouse Capital of Canada said ... (07:26) : 

Is that Rinkoff up on the wall over the shop?

 

post a comment
Click for more recent posts Click for older posts

Name: Ham Location: London, United Kingdom View my complete profile