Saturday, September 29, 2007

London's Morning - No.3

Shot with Olympus E510
Hurry now - what strange shapes can be made from the shapes of London, before the light brings the famililar back. The Hungerford bridge looks like a strange spider web against the spreading light.

----

A few days ago, I got up at five o'clock on Saturday morning to take photos of the London skyline as the sun came up. As I am on holiday for the next week, I thought I'd show them to you, a subtly different one each day.

The morning is a fantastic time in London, the day is fresh and full of hope. You watch the quality of light change by the second.

I hope you enjoy these pictures, don't forget as with any of them, you have to click to see the larger picture as intended. I may be able to log in, but I'll see you all on the 4th.

posted by Ham at 00:02 -- Comments here: 4

Comments on "London's Morning - No.3"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (08:19) : 

Indeed yes, running around at sunrise or sunset to see what shapes one can find is a fascinating exercise....

enjoying it from here.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (14:54) : 

This is a beautiful set. Definitely worth clicking to get the larger size. Brings back many memories of early morning London walks...
Planet Earth Daily Photo
.

 

Blogger Denton said ... (17:11) : 

Beautiful morning photos ... personally I have a hard time rolling out of bed in time to take photos in the morning. I would have an even harder time while on vacation ... Enjoy your time off.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (17:21) : 

I get up every morning around 4. I think the Army did this to me as I was up then at 4 and had my coffee by the time reville sounded.

I am still up and really don't know what I would do if I could sleep longer.

 

post a comment
Click for more recent posts Click for older posts

Name: Ham Location: London, United Kingdom View my complete profile