Saturday, September 08, 2007

A moment in time

Shot with Olympus E500
Do you ever get the sensation of sliding past other people's lives? Like a tableau glimpsed out of the window of a speeding train? I believe that the larger the city, like London, the more intense that feeling can be.

This photo was taken in Postman's Park (see a few days ago) but it could have been almost anywhere, anytime.

You will have to make up your own story, I can't tell you any more except that I like this as a photo.

posted by Ham at 00:10 -- Comments here: 7

Comments on "A moment in time"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (08:45) : 

Oh absolutely..so many fascinating stories, I love people watching and making up their stories for them.

 

Blogger Lianne said ... (10:58) : 

Me too! This is lovely. Really enjoy your 'ordinary Londoners' series too Ham.

 

Blogger duopastorale said ... (15:33) : 

Hi! Good to find a local. Nice blog.

 

Blogger Harriet (the fshlady) said ... (17:56) : 

Great picture - her hair is an amazing colour. Strangely intimate picure. Almost feels rude to look at it!

 

Blogger Ham said ... (08:01) : 

Thanks all, actually, had I thought about it a little more before posting it, I may have had second thoughts. Oh well.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (04:07) : 

Beautiful! What a perfect pair - and well framed with a lovely setting. Thank you for sharing.

 

Blogger Lan said ... (17:51) : 

Here is the legend I would add for this photo:
"Wow, sculpturist Ron Mueck did a good job with this sculpture. I like her/him (your choice!)"

 

post a comment
Click for more recent posts Click for older posts

Name: Ham Location: London, United Kingdom View my complete profile