Thursday, October 11, 2007

A good photograph is knowing where to stand

Shot with Olympus E510

Or, so said Ansel Adams. I can tell you, in St James Park early on a sunny morning, you really can't go wrong.

posted by Ham at 00:22 -- Comments here: 9

Comments on "A good photograph is knowing where to stand"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (03:14) : 

I like your photos. I had been there before I left London last year. Oh not in the morning, lunch time as my friend works near there. I have a blog http://blog.daum.net/britishenglish,but not very much written in English. Thanks for very nice photos.

 

Blogger Michael Salone said ... (05:42) : 

A beautiful shot Ham. There's also something about the photographer ole Ansel forgot to mention!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:05) : 

That is a nice shot. I also like to stand and have the light stream diagonally across the scene in front of you.

 

Blogger Cheltenhamdailyphoto said ... (11:29) : 

Gorgeous Ham. Er.. the park, not you. Well i expect you are too but... i'll be off now anyway.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:04) : 

Beautiful photo. I think you found the perfect place to stand, Ham.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:42) : 

That's a cracker Ham. Well done!

 

Blogger Lunar Chick said ... (23:18) : 

That is a stunning picture.

 

Blogger Jazzy said ... (11:29) : 

lovely, lovely shot Ham, but... isn't this Green Park?

 

Blogger John Nez said ... (14:47) : 

I thought it was funny, when visiting Grand Tetons in Wyoming, to discover that the exact spot where Ansel Adams chose to 'stand' to take his famous photograph was in fact just the regulation tourist pullout, directly off the highway!

I guess rule #2 in photography is knowing when the light is right to snap the photo!

:0)

 

post a comment
Click for more recent posts Click for older posts

Name: Ham Location: London, United Kingdom View my complete profile