Wednesday, October 10, 2007

The Spiders from Mars

Shot with Olympus E510

The Spider is back, now outside the Tate Modern. Louise Bourgeois sculpture is called "Maman" and indeed you can see eggs inside it. Last here in 2004 it gives rise to a lot of curiosity.

Of course I couldn't helpbut think of David Bowie's Album, so I've looked out a few videos for you, of hte songs on that album. First, Ziggy Stardust then Starman (check out the audience dancing, and the sweaters) and finally Suffragette City. Good, wasn't it?

posted by Ham at 00:32 -- Comments here: 7

Comments on "The Spiders from Mars"

 

Blogger Michael Salone said ... (05:40) : 

This is such a great museum and I adore this sculpture. One of my childhood nightmares was after seeing a horror film in elementary school (now that I think about it, you probably have to sign all kinds of legal paperwork now before a kid can see such a horror film in school).

Anyway...I digress..it was a film where a giant spider crawls into town and they try to kill it, but alas, it's nearly impossible. I'll have to find that somewhere.

 

Blogger Chaz said ... (08:28) : 

I got a few shots of this myself last week as it's not too far off my walk to work. It's a fantastic sculpture that works on many levels, the most obvious being the sheer scale of the thing. No matter how imobile it appears to be, there's something not entirely right about taking photographs underneath a 30' high spider...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:54) : 

Hi,
Thanks for the cool picture and the cool links. You've combined two of my favourite things in your post: London and David Bowie.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (19:12) : 

Absolutely great sculpture! I wish my city had more arts like that.

omega massage chairs

 

Blogger Michael Salone said ... (22:45) : 

HAM........I FOUND IT! I FOUND IT! (You've just got to love YouTube!)

It's exactly the scene I remember from my childhood that scared the crap out of me then.

Here's the ending to the film Tarantula, starring none other than Clint Eastwood!

 

Blogger Ham said ... (00:18) : 

Michael, I am in awe. Thank you.

 

Blogger Michael Salone said ... (05:47) : 

LOL You're too kind...

 

post a comment
Click for more recent posts Click for older posts

Name: Ham Location: London, United Kingdom View my complete profile