Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Tower Bridge Lift

Shot with Olympus E510
While I was at Tower Bridge, I was fortunate to be able to capture a lift. If you see it, you will wonder at just how fast the massive sections are raised and lowered.

I am away on holiday so will be unable to respond until the 27th October. Usual magic keeps things appearing each day.

posted by Ham at 00:02 -- Comments here: 5

Comments on "Tower Bridge Lift"

 

Blogger Michael Salone said ... (05:40) : 

I love this shot Ham. You'd never know by the looks of it that there's a busy city rushing by.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (07:50) : 

Hamsters....millions of them.

 

Blogger Cheltenhamdailyphoto said ... (11:42) : 

Quite fascinating isn't it. Lovely shot Ham.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (03:02) : 

The absolutely first time I walked the bridge a tall masted sailboat came through. Not only did I get to see it open and close, but I was standing at the base of the South tower!

Lucky for London traffic - especially Tower Bridge Road from Bricklayers, this is a quick draw.

 

Blogger Ham said ... (00:41) : 

Thanks all. Nic - LOL!

 

post a comment
Click for more recent posts Click for older posts

Name: Ham Location: London, United Kingdom View my complete profile