Sunday, November 04, 2007

Remember, remember the 5th of November

Shot with Olympus E510
Firework night is embedded in our psyche in the UK, so we all gather round and fire thousands of pounds into the air, and try to achieve the loudest bangs and brightest flashes. Me, I take the photographs. Oh, and I go to some excellent firework parties (thanks, Bob & Chris!)

posted by Ham at 00:02 -- Comments here: 6

Comments on "Remember, remember the 5th of November"

 

Blogger Cheltenhamdailyphoto said ... (01:57) : 

HI Bob & Chris; good fireworks!

Great shot Ham. I'm hoping to top it tomorrow. lol.

 

Blogger Michael Salone said ... (14:11) : 

Thanks Ham...for the new desktop image. Excellent! You'll have to be good to top this one Lynn!

 

Blogger Stefan Jansson said ... (14:35) : 

Ha! Just like me. I watch the fireworks and I take the photos. Never buy them myself. Good shot.

 

Blogger Cheltenhamdailyphoto said ... (14:51) : 

I know Michael! Isn't it just fab! I've got it for my wallpaper too. I'm still up for the challenge though which i've set myself...lol !

 

Blogger Cheltenhamdailyphoto said ... (00:27) : 

Doh! Our firework night was a washout. Thick fog meant we couldn't even see them so i cannot compete after all. A worthy winner Ham! Still got it as my wallpaper.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (20:06) : 

As a Yank, something I've never quite grasped: You celebrate foiling the Gunpowder Plot by... blowing things up?

Is it just me, or was this irony lost somewhere?

 

post a comment
Click for more recent posts Click for older posts

Name: Ham Location: London, United Kingdom View my complete profile