Sunday, December 09, 2007

Fournier Street

Shot with Olympus E510
It's been a busy week, so I haven't had time to talk about Fournier Street in London's East End. It's just off Brick Lane, and one of those streets that time seems to have left alone in so many ways - it's not hard to imagine yourself here two hundred and fifty years ago. Well, OK, this building, now for Bereft Bangladeshis would have been for Hapless Hugenots, but you know what I mean. If you want to be pedantic I'll have to admit that this would have been the house of a grand member of the community, or a church, but that's nitpicking.

The Way We See It is what brought me here this time, but I've walked the area often. Don't forget, if you ever visit the East End markets, to go for a walk in the surrounding streets - you will surprise yourself.

posted by Ham at 01:52 -- Comments here: 1

Comments on "Fournier Street"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:58) : 

Yes, I would surprise myself. I'd be lost.

 

post a comment
Click for more recent posts Click for older posts

Name: Ham Location: London, United Kingdom View my complete profile