Wednesday, January 23, 2008

London helps its own

Shot with Olympus E510

This post started with yesterday's photo, because I noticed one of the sponsors names on the helicopter was Preston Motors. I knew them because they are a Skoda dealer in Forest Gate, To say they are less glossy than most car dealers fails to convey what Forest Gate is like. They've been around for years, too, since before VW days, when the name Skoda was a joke (How do you double the value of a Skoda? Fill the petrol tank). These post VW days, things are more shiny, but still, this is a small, east end, family business and no BMW showroom, believe me. I wanted to find out what the story was.

Turns out that they sponsor the response cars which are used by the HEMS Trauma Service at night when the helicopter can't fly. Simple as that. Gives you a warm feeling.

See where on The London Daily Photo Map

posted by Ham at 00:16 -- Comments here: 1

Comments on "London helps its own"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:25) : 

Fill the petrol tank doubles the value of almost anything these days. I know you pay for for petrol these days than we do for gasoline. I never heard of Skoda but have VW. I enjoyed the post.

 

post a comment
Click for more recent posts Click for older posts

Name: Ham Location: London, United Kingdom View my complete profile