Sunday, May 04, 2008

Damp Walks

Shot with Olympus E510
The weather of late has been a tad damp in London town, and these rather artisticly droopy leaflets caught my eye. I'm pleased to say, though, that no rain would stop the London Walks from going ahead, in true British spirit. (If we waited for the rain to stop, we wouldn't do anything). Looking at their website, their walks look pretty good to me. If someone tries them out, do let us all know how it was. They even do tours all in French - possibly shouting out "Vive la reine d'Angleterre!!" at appropriate moments.

I'm away for a few days, but posting will continue.

posted by Ham at 00:02 -- Comments here: 2

Comments on "Damp Walks"

 

Blogger ScroobiousScrivener said ... (10:07) : 

I've done one of their ghost walks, it was excellent. The guides seem to be mostly "resting" actors, who get a kick out of not just telling you bits of history, but creating maximum drama. And they are very, very well informed. Even if ghosts aren't your thing (they're not mine, particularly, but it was a custom tour of the area we work in, arranged as an office outing), there are plenty of walks to choose from and I've heard from others that they are all highly recommended.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (22:51) : 

I used to join them regularly years ago before being a mum and loved them. I've recently done their Friday Along the Thames walk. Absolutely excellent. You get to see the town differently and learn so many new things - origins of sayings, jokes, historical facts. Wonderfully balanced, you can never get bored, and the guides always have a great sense of humour!

 

post a comment
Click for more recent posts Click for older posts

Name: Ham Location: London, United Kingdom View my complete profile