Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Restless Dream


This artwork is a the entrance of the Limehouse Link tunnel, and although the state of traffic means that drivers get to look at it for a LONG while, I doubt many know that it is called Restless Dream by Zadok Ben-David. I didn't before I went looking.


It's made from ninety hand-cut aluminium figures, eighty-nine of them male and one female The male figures form a circle while the female reclines behind them. Its diameter is 9 meters. The way I've photographed this captures the ethereal quality of the piece, but makes it very difficult to see the female figure.

See where on the London Daily Photo Map

Labels: , ,

posted by Ham at 00:02 -- Comments here: 0

Comments on "Restless Dream"

 

post a comment
Click for more recent posts Click for older posts

Name: Ham Location: London, United Kingdom View my complete profile