Monday, June 02, 2008

One good corner shop deserves another

Shot with Olympus E510
Of course, the ultimate "corner store" has to be Fortnum & Mason in St James. It's where the queen pops out when she runs out of sugar and she has guests coming round. Ever since Harrods has been trashed (except if you are a magpie looking for shiny stuff) Fortnum's is really the only place to go - since 1761. OK, it's a fair cop - I don't shop here from one year end to the next, but I'd like to. However, it really is one of the places you must visit in London, well before Harrods.

You may notice the clock which was - even though you may think it old - made in 1964. On the hour, Mr Fortnum and Mr Mason pop out and bow to each other.

posted by Ham at 00:02 -- Comments here: 1

Comments on "One good corner shop deserves another"

 

Blogger Kristin said ... (14:57) : 

Hi there,

I just wanted to stop by to thank you for the great blog. I found this post particularly insightful and thought my readers at LandingPadLondon would too. I've quoted you on this page: http://www.landingpadlondon.com/fortnum-mason/

If you're interested in making original contributions to LandingPadLondon, we'd love to have a great photographer/writer like you on the team. If this sounds interesting, get in touch either via my blog or site.

Thanks again!

 

post a comment
Click for more recent posts Click for older posts

Name: Ham Location: London, United Kingdom View my complete profile