Monday, June 23, 2008

A Sad Tale



You may have noticed that I have a resurgent fascination with film cameras - the sort you have to develop before you can see them. So it was a fairly natural step that I lashed out all of £5 for an old camera on eBay - one rather like this. That it didn't work properly didn't bother me as I had the chance to take it apart and make it work; you can imagine that I was quite pleased when I got it back together again. The time had come to put a test film through, to see if it worked. I took myself to my local cemetery to see how it performed and amused myself for a reel's worth of photos. As you can see, the results aren't at all unpleasant. So, where's the sad story? Ah. Well. As I was cycling back, I managed to bounce it on the ground, so there won't be any more pictures from this camera.

The cemetery is the City of London Cemetery.

posted by Ham at 00:12 -- Comments here: 0

Comments on "A Sad Tale"

 

post a comment
Click for more recent posts Click for older posts

Name: Ham Location: London, United Kingdom View my complete profile