Friday, August 08, 2008

Derelict London

Shot with Olympus E510
I was sent a review copy of Derelict London the book - not the website - some time ago. it's taken me a while to getting around to talking about it.

I can tell you that it is a rather good collection of photos of London's disappearing places. It's fun to pick up and leaf through, especially people of a Certain Age, you will recognise and remember more than you'd imagine at first glance. You'll get a feel by browsing the website, but it's not the same as a book. A couple of fellow bloggers reviews are here and here. My photographic offering is of some of the buildings around Smithfield market, which are quite astoundingly falling into disrepair. I can assure you it won't be that long before they rough hand of progress and modernisation brushes against them here.

Ha! as I typed this, I've just heard on BBC news that Planning Permission has just been refused to turn this into shops and offices!! Synchronicity or what!!!!! (news article here)

Labels: ,

posted by Ham at 00:02 -- Comments here: 0

Comments on "Derelict London"

 

post a comment
Click for more recent posts Click for older posts

Name: Ham Location: London, United Kingdom View my complete profile