Sunday, August 24, 2008

High Street 2012 - No 10 - Stratford Art

Shot with Olympus E520
While I'm on holiday, a series of photographs of the quirky or surprising taken along the route of High Street 2012. To find out more about HS2012, visit Diamond Geezer.

It was a few years ago that they started trying to tart up Stratford, long before the Olympics was even a hope. These strange sculptures were fixed to the railings between the carriageways. I always felt it particularly appropriate for the area that the bird appears to be a dodo. I'm not too fond of them - there always seems something a bit creepy, rather like this shot.

My East London has come a long way over the last few years, and it hasn't stopped yet - I wonder what it is all going to look like and feel like in the end. But, this is the end of my High Street 2012 series, hope you enjoyed the views I've shared.

Labels:

posted by Ham at 00:02 -- Comments here: 0

Comments on "High Street 2012 - No 10 - Stratford Art"

 

post a comment
Click for more recent posts Click for older posts

Name: Ham Location: London, United Kingdom View my complete profile