Wednesday, September 17, 2008

City of Tears

Shot with Olympus E520
Let's not forget that, among the celebration and festivity, there are always people deep in sorrow.

London can be an uncertain chapter in many a life story, as for Andrew Gosden. A year ago Sunday, aged 14, he came to London and disappeared from sight. I met friends of his family who were distributing leaflets in the hope that someone might have seen him.

What else could they do?

Read his story here. There's not one reading who won't think "Thank all that's holy it's not me". Then see how many are missing in London.

Labels: ,

posted by Ham at 00:18 -- Comments here: 2

Comments on "City of Tears"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (09:09) : 

That's so very sad and extremely worrying. I remember when the newspapers and magazines were full of the tragic disappearance of Madeleine McCann - http://www.findmadeleine.com/ thinking, 'But there are thousands of children and people that going missing every day - why is this making the headlines more than any other story?'.

Good on you for highlighting the plight of so many families who have lost their loved ones and here's hoping someone, somewhere might look at the missing person's photographs and come forward with answers.

On a side note - I've only recently discovered your blog and am really enjoying the daily photographs. I grew up in north Hampshire and loved visiting London. I've now been living in NZ for over 10 year's - but still like to keep tabs on my home. Thanks for your photographs.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:30) : 

I would think the police would be interested in his whereabouts and assist in locating him. Where are they all going? I suppose missing people/children happens everywhere and we just don't hear/read about it.

 

post a comment
Click for more recent posts Click for older posts

Name: Ham Location: London, United Kingdom View my complete profile