Tuesday, October 07, 2008

It's a Classic

Shot with Olympus E520
Anybody following this blog will know that I'm an enthusiastic cyclist - what you won't know is that I love cars and motoring, too. My personal prefence is also for cars with character, which have long disappeared from the mass market. That character has been replaced with reliability, so that's probably a good thing. But motoring? you can't do that in the UK much any more.

So I'm rather pleased to bring you an idea born in London and now spread around the world - The Classic Car Club. The idea is simple. You pay an annual sum (from £3,000 or £1,500 for "low end" cars only) for which you get to drive any of their fleet. No repair bills, no aggro, just fun.

Even thought this is the Bertone rather than Farina bodied Dino, it still ranks as one of the more desirable cars in my hierachy. Trivia: the Dino was named after Mr Ferrari's son, who died.

Will I join? No, but that's because I enjoy mucking around with them myself (here's the last one I had)

See a view of the showroom here and see where on the London Daily Photo Map.

Labels: ,

posted by Ham at 00:02 -- Comments here: 0

Comments on "It's a Classic"

 

post a comment
Click for more recent posts Click for older posts

Name: Ham Location: London, United Kingdom View my complete profile