Friday, October 03, 2008

Who Cares?

Shot with Olympus E520
This poster - in Stratford High Street - is part of a substantial campaign around London for the Christian Alpha Course - without intending to cause offence - they are a bunch of people who believe god is the answer whatever the question (I suspect they would be happy with that description).

The question here in my mind is, what will happen to the people in the high rise blocks? What you are looking at, in four years time, will be one of the transport hubs for the 2012 Olympics. Those blocks have only recently been spruced up and they house what you would normally term the more economically and socially disadvantaged. Call me a cynic but somehow, that will change between now and 2012, and I doubt that those that live in the block will see much of the benefit. And who cares?

I wasn't going to link to the Alpha Course, but I found their page where you can write your question to god and read other's which amused me.

Labels: ,

posted by Ham at 00:02 -- Comments here: 0

Comments on "Who Cares?"

 

post a comment
Click for more recent posts Click for older posts

Name: Ham Location: London, United Kingdom View my complete profile